Thursday, June 30, 2011

See You Soon...

A month ago she told me there was no crying--I only broke this rule once in front of her. A week ago she told me to act like she wasn't leaving...so I ignored the elephant in the room. Two days ago she said it wasn't a goodbye, but a see you soon. And then yesterday came and her desk was empty.
A very special person is on a road trip right now. The sad part is that this road trip is not a round trip. Ingy's on her way to the next big step in her life...in Chicago. The Windy City is beyond lucky to have such a witty, beautiful, and wonderful gal; and LA is missing a piece of itself and feeling empty right now (especially in the office).

Ingrid has helped to keep me sane over the last few years and I, honestly, (even though it's already a reality) can't imagine not having her across from me. To help with this ode to Ingrid, I had a couple of people give me their thoughts on the matter:

"Ingrid Alberts is a strange and lovely combination of West Coast bombshell and Midwest tomboy…  When I think Ingrid, I think: football and Louboutins, dive bars and J Brands, ponytails that can be blown out into the best hair in the business.  Ingrid is a selfless and loyal friend.  She is one of the most genuine people I’ve had the pleasure of knowing and I miss her already."  ~Anne
"I am oh so going to miss being able to save your day at the drop of a dime! And yes, I will not forget you are just a phone call or an email away! I am excited for all that is to come in your life! Thank you for sharing the 10-10-10; it is my go to for sure! XX" ~Jess
"You’re not even half way through your travels to Chicago and we’re all missing you so very much! For the past 6 Seasons, I have looked up to see your light shining bright (not only your desk light but your big smile that lights up the room). What are we going to do without you? Poor Polly…she is moping around already….I know you will stay in touch by Facebook, but you know you can always call me for anything! We have no doubts that you will be a shining star! Love you!" ~Wendy  
Ingy, for me, you've been solid ground on days that seem to spin with no slowing down; the biggest cheerleader for even the smallest positive things; the most hysterical comments that can make me crack a smile like no one else.

I'm not sure how I will function without the sametime commentary on noises. Or who else will convince me about beauty tricks that at first sound filthy? (I think my longest was 4 days; you were 8, I think. I've still got some learning to do.) College football season in this office may have just dried up, but when I watch the Badgers I pull for them because of you.

To say that I'm going to miss you, my friend, is to put it mildly. I know that we will have texts, phone calls, gchats, etc (we have a very important date on Monday, September 26th). But I eagerly await your November visit already! I know that you are going to do magnificent things wherever you are! Wishing you all the best and bitterly (and selfishly) wishing you didn't have to go. XXXOOO
PS-I promised no crying before you left, but you're on the road now--it's fair game.

1 comment:

  1. You are the absolute sweetest! I am FINALLY just getting to read this. Sending love to A, J, W and YOU!

    ReplyDelete