Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Feel Like Dancing!

 My Zags did it again! Mark Few is going to the Big Dance again and I can feel a jig coming on! To say I'm excited is putting it mildly. Last night I about drove my television crazy by constantly turning it back to the game to check the score, and I was thrilled when I could finally celebrate. (I also want to note here that I knew the Zags would continue to dominate.)
The ZAGS!!!!
I know what you're wondering, why wasn't I watching the game. The basic answer: I'm superstitious. The long answer is: When I've been able to watch conference (WCC) games this season, the Zags have lost. Out of conference play, they've won. So, I eagerly waited for score updates and refused to tune into my boys for longer than 8.5 seconds. Superstitious much? Very when it comes to my teams. I will make sure to where the right shirt, shoes, sit in the same chair, and even drink the same type of beer if the moment calls for it.
Posted by GonzagaBulldogs twitter account. The trophy is back home!
Also, last night means I'm not quite as angry that I was traveling this coming Sunday. I was on pins and needles trying to figure out how I was going to watch Selection Sunday while on a plane. Now it's just a question of where in the bracket the Zags are, not are we in a bracket. I will still be eager to see, but I won't be grumpy I can't watch.

All that being said, if (and hopefully when) the Zags make the Sweet 16, I pray they go to Anaheim. Parts of my superstitions will go out the window because I. WILL. be. there.

PS-If you love March Madness, don't forget to fill out your bracket after Selection Sunday!

1 comment: