Thursday, May 19, 2011

My Fall Line-Up

So, the Television Upfronts are all done and the fall schedules for 2011-2012 have been released. Being the television nerd that I am, I was glued to my news updates each day to see what exciting presents each network brought me. I have to say, it feels like a Christmas with all educational toys; in other words, disappointing. There are very few new shows I'm looking forward to (I think I could count them on one hand).

But still, I'm a junkie. So below see what shows (some with alternates, because DVR's are the best thing since sliced bread) that I will/would be watching if I watched every minute of network prime time programming.
My homework. (New shows in pink; new times/days in yellow.)
Monday:
8 PM-CBS. They have How I Met Your Mother returning with a pregnant Lily, an in love Robin, and still the mystery of just who is the mother. Then it's followed up with a comedy starring the sarcastic Kat Dennings called 2 Broke Girls. This looks raunchy, touching and just out and out hysterical.
9PM-FOX. I'm still tuning into House. I love Hugh Laurie and am actually very curious about him without Lisa Edelstein. Plus Laurie says it will be the final season, and I refuse to miss if House finally cleans up, moves on, or stays eternally miserable.
10PM-ABC. This will continue to go to Castle. I can NOT get enough of Nathan Fillion. If I could figure out a way to put him into almost every show, I would.

The alternates for the night are:
9PM-CBS. Two and Half Men. What can I say? I want to know how Chuck Lorre will have Ashton enter stage left.
10PM-CBS. Hawaii 5.0. This re-boot is very well executed. It has wonderful guest stars to accompany the HOT Alex O'Loughlin and Scott Caan.

Ringer this fall on the CW.
Tuesday:
8PM-CBS wins again. I can't desert NCIS. The cast (almost untouched sans Sasha Alexander) has been a part of my viewing experience for 8 years.
9PM-CW this time. They have Sarah Michelle Gellar (Prinze) on television again in the Ringer. Being a true Buffy fan many times over, I would follow Gellar any where (I even watched Southland Tales).
10PM-CBS again. This has to go to Unforgettable; despite the fact that Poppy Montgomery annoys me, I love a murder mystery.

The alternates for the night are:
8PM-ABC. I will tune in for at least one episode of Last Man Standing just to see Tim Allen's return to the sit-com.
9PM-CBS. NCIS: LA will have me until I know what's happened to Linda Hunt, and possibly longer depending on how the Ringer lays out.
10PM-ABC. I'll give Body of Proof a bigger chance now that it's not against The Good Wife, but I need more out of the writing to stick with it.

Wednesday:
8PM-NBC. I have to tune in for the new comedy hour this night. I look forward to seeing Christina Applegate in Up All Night and Kathryn Hahn in Free Agents.
9PM-CBS. Criminal Minds is another show I will be faithful too, especially since A.J. Cook is coming back to the cast. (This year was almost painful without her.)
10PM-NBC. Law & Order: SVU will forever be a favorite in my book. There's only one of their shows during their 12 seasons that did not shine a positive spotlight on awareness for sexual violence.

There are NO alternates this night.

Thursday:
8PM-CBS. Big Bang Theory is one of the few shows that my husband and I both like. The nerds will continue to have our support.
9PM-FOX. Bones has me for at least one more season. But I have to admit, I'm getting tired of the will they/won't they. The writing is not as much about the crime any more, which makes me grow tired.
10PM-Eh. This will have to be an alternate hour...

The alternates are:
8PM-CW. The Vampire Diaries still has my DVR recording because it's a "fang thang," despite the fact that David Anders is no longer on the show.
9PM-CBS. Person of Interest actually looks fun. It's one of the maybe three shows I'm excited about; it's just not in a lucky time slot for me. I love that Jim Caviezel is going to be on network television in a Minority Report meets Law & Order sort of way.

Friday:
8PM- CW. I'm am BEYOND thrilled that Nikita is in this time slot. The writing on this show is quite clever and reminds me of a Buffy-esque heroine (minus the monsters). If you haven't checked this show out and you like ass-kicking chicks, you should tune in come this fall!
9PM-CW. This time slot is really a tie for me, but I'll list what I watch first. I've been with the Winchester boys since day one of Supernatural and I have no desire to leave. (And really why would I? It's Jensen Ackles.)
10PM-No offense networks, but I'm not watching programming at this point. Sorry, but it's Friday night and I'm not THAT old yet!

The alternates are:
9PM-FOX. I've also been with Fringe since day one. I adore Joshua Jackson (mainly because he is one of the most respectful and friendly actors towards extras, but he's also a good actor). If I am watching TV at 10 PM, it's to catch up on this.

Sunday:
8PM-ABC. Once Upon a Time caught my interest with it's fairytale characters stuck in the real, cold world. But I wasn't sure I would tune in until Jane Espenson announced she was joining the writing team.
9PM-CBS. They moved one of my favorite shows--The Good Wife. This is either going to be a very, very good move or a very, very bad move. I, personally, am hoping people are over Desperate Housewives and tune into to Alicia Florrick.
10PM-There's nothing I would watch here either. Sorry.

The only alternate for Sunday is Animation Domination on FOX, which is only adding one new show Allen Gregory featuring the voice of Jonah Hill.

So, the final tally (including alternates) is: CBS-10 hours; FOX-5 hours; CW-4 hours; ABC-4 hours; NBC-2 hours. And only 2 new shows I'm willing to watch over a returning program. Eesh! I'm not sure I want the fall to hurry up...

No comments:

Post a Comment