Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Wednesday with Ingy... FINALLY!

So, for the last three Wednesdays I have been off work--this is not a bad thing. For the last weeks there have been new episodes of The Good Wife--also, not a bad thing. BUT because I was off work, I've missed out on a very important part of my week: the post Good Wife Ingy/Polly time (this is the bad thing--very bad).


My cubemate and I both enjoy our fair amount of television. We don't have the exact same tastes in programs, but we have similar enough that after a good episode we both brim with anticipation to discuss it. Although we didn't figure this out until it seemed like we were the only two people in our office watching The Good Wife last year.

While we both always have the best of intentions of watching the show on Tuesday night at 10 PM when it airs (yes, I'm shamelessly plugging the show); every once in a while things (er, sleep) comes up and the talk is postponed. But despite feeling a little tired today, I feel the need to take a jolt of caffeine to make sure that I can have this very important conversation tomorrow.

To non-TV watchers or non-Good Wife fans (which if you are, you should rectify that because the show is brilliant!), this may not seem like a big deal. But discussing the Lockhart/Gardner/Former Bond firm's demise and relaunch, or who has Peter slept with now, or what is Kalinda's biggest secret, and could Alicia be ANY stronger? are very important to us.

The writing on the show is amazing. The performances are breathtaking. The fact that they took a real life circumstance (politicians cheating on their wives) and made it into a victorious woman's story is brilliant and satisfying to any viewer.


As I settle in tonight for my television viewing, I am truly giddy for the morning!

1 comment:

  1. Yay! My FAVORITE part of Wednesdays. :) Agreed on all counts of this blog too. TGW=Amazing show! xo

    ReplyDelete