Monday, January 24, 2011

Any Other Name

I’ve been inspired by several of my friends to start a blog. I know that most of the things I write about won’t matter to many because it’ll be about things I enjoy/dislike/inspire me. But I’ve tossed the idea around for a while because it seems like a fun way to amuse myself—and if you can’t make yourself laugh, no one else will either. Hopefully, anyone who chooses to read this will also be amused; and if not, they don't have to continue to read.

The first struggle I encountered with this blog is a title. Once, it's decided it's just there. True, I could always start another somewhere else, but that's kind of cowardly. I wanted to get the title right. I pondered it for several days after one of my inspiring friends told me to sleep on it. Come to find out days and lists later, I chose my first idea. It gives me no constraints on how often, what topic, what day, what focus. I'm a very random person (even my iPod has schizophrenia) and thus the title fits me.

The largest struggle, though, is that I've always been a writer in some capacity. BUT other than school assignments and being forced into competition by amazing teachers, I've kept my work very private. (I even have a full novel that only two people have set eyes because I'm terrified to send it out). So, writing a blog is a very LARGE commitment and fear conquering thing. I really hope this will be the first of many and my nerves don't get the best of me...

1 comment: